Sunday, November 28, 2010

thanksgiving, for kicks

Since everyone seems to be posting about Thanksgiving this week (what gives?), I figure I'll take part in the spirit.

My Thanksgiving was quiet, but good. I visited my family in the morning, then took a drive to Siesta Key (about 90 minutes away) to watch the sunset. Then I came home for a really wonderful small dinner, and then to spend the night with my friend Camilla and her sister. There were a lot of things that bothered me about Thanksgiving, but I have so much to be thankful for, and I believe thankfulness should be celebrated in everyday life rather than just at some time of the year!

I am thankful for the incredible house I live in, and the absolutely wonderful people I am surrounded by. For my friends, both old and new, who make my life rich and meaningful.

I am thankful for my nephew, whom I love more than the stars.

I am thankful for my education, which I don't deserve, and is such a grand blessing.

I am thankful for clean water, a roof over my head, and a warm bed.

I am thankful for Panimaquin, the people, the fact that I can go there, and the impact they have in my life.

Most of all, I am more than thankful for the glorious, beautiful God who has loved me so deeply, so intensely, and so radically that it has changed everything I know. He is more than words can fathom, more than I can ever explain or understand, and is the reason I breathe. I am thankful that I have the opportunity to spread that love, take the incredible opportunities I have been given, and use them to their utmost ability.

Plus, Christmas is coming. And this is my favorite season of all.

1 comment:

  1. I agree that thankfulness is a year round thing! I hope everything is going well, Sarah! :)

    ReplyDelete