Friday, June 10, 2011

day 10

So I decided to start blogging again, before realizing that I am so busy I barely have time to do such a thing! For the record: I'm living in Tampa for the month of June as an intern with Created. I'm here to learn everything that I can, in order to someday soon start the same ministry in my own city.

While I'm here, I'm learning both the administration and relational side of the ministry. This means during the week, I'm in an office doing paperwork and such, and in the meantime; I'm living in the house with all the women in the program. I do not have words to describe how beautiful each one of them is, and how my love for their individual personalities grows each day. I could write pages about each of them and how wonderful they all are. Though they have had rough pasts, their futures are full of success, hope, and perfect love. I love listening to their dreams, reveling in their accomplishments, and sharing in their lives. It's an honor to listen, to carry the burden in any way that I can.

I'm learning a lot about patience, unconditional love, humility, and trusting God when I get overwhelmed in the midst of it. Yesterday I told a friend that I'm learning how to be more like Jesus, and being like Jesus is freaking hard. But it is good, so good, and I would not choose anywhere else to be this month.

1 comment:

  1. Speaking of wonderful women with beautiful hearts....

    I would love to grab lunch with you someday soon. I just started working, so when I get my schedule I'll let you know. I'd love to hear more about your internship - it sounds incredible!

    ReplyDelete