Friday, March 4, 2011

movement

The other day, I celebrated my one year anniversary of having come home. Of having given up my life of emptiness and traded it in for God's grace, for His goodness. I carry thankfulness in my heart every day. It expresses itself in quiet remembrance, loud shouts of praise, laughter, tears... How could I ever show Jesus how thankful I am for His love?

We have begun working with the homeless, poor, and broken in St. Petersburg. We are starting a ministry to work with women caught up in the sex industry in our area, in whatever that looks like. We are coming alongside a ministry in Tampa that already does so, called Created. Having gone on outreaches up there recently, I cannot put into words how much my heart aches, how awful everything is. I cannot imagine doing anything but giving my entire life to it. The first step is getting to know St. Pete and its people. We spend most days in a park notorious for homeless people. We are learning their names, their stories. I am consumed with their lives and wanting to be a part of them. It is so hard to come home at the end of the day... I just want to live there.

This all started in January, when I felt Holy Spirit calling me to deeper intimacy with Jesus. And upon those nights locked in my room, crying on my face, the Lord moved me to action. It became that simple and yet monumental decision of seeing hurting people and doing something about it. I have not done anything great- I have just stepped into action. It is amazing how He will honor even the smallest movements. How He will use them to do so much. It is all unfolding in front of me and I simply stand amazed.

Please be in prayer for all of this, and for John as he leaves to go home to Panimaquin on Monday morning.

Happy March :)

1 comment:

  1. Just stopping by to say "Hi".

    God's blessings to you. :)

    ReplyDelete